POISON IVY:  A lady presented herself to the office with a swollen itching eyelid.  There were tiny blisters
on the skin of the lids.  She had been working in the yard the previous day.  Neuromuscular Sensitivity Testing
(NST) indicated allergy when she touched her eyelid and also a test vial of poison ivy.  She was offered three
options to treat the ivy poisoning.  With eye drops and antihistamine tablets recovery should be expected in
a week.  A cortisone dose pack should offer relief in a few days.  NAET should take effect in an hour or two.  
She opted for NAET.  The treatment was done at 9:00 am.  A second treatment was done at 1:00 pm, which
probably was not needed because the symptoms were mostly resolved.

POISON IVY:  A lady with a history of contact dermatitis from poison ivy tested (NST) bit akkerguc to a
test vial of 3-leaf poison ivy.  Other patients had been sensitive to and treated with that vial.  Leaves of 3-leaf
ivy were obtained from this lady’s yard.  She tested strongly NST allergic to the leaves from her yard.  After
NAET treatment she tested not allergic to the ivy leaves from her yard.  She no longer was subject to ivy

Are there differences in the sensitivity producing factors in different vines of 3-leaf ivy?  These cases would
suggest that there are differences.  Three of our office staff members have had a history of contact dermatitis
from poison ivy and have had the allergy removed to 3-leaf ivy with NAET using the 3-leaf test vial.  The
patient was not allergic to the same test vial but was allergic to 3-leaf ivy from her own yard.

POISON IVY:  A lady in her 80’s had had poison ivy many times.  She presented herself in the office with
tiny itching blisters on her fingers present a couple of days.  She said she had been exposed to poison ivy
leaves.  Testing revealed she was allergic to poison ivy.  It was proposed to her that she be treated with
NAET.  Since the condition had been ongoing for a couple of days two treatments that morning might be
needed.  After NAET treatment she was asked to remain in the office for an hour and another treatment be
provided.  An hour later she reported that the tiny blisters on her fingers had disappeared and there was no
more itching.  Although it was likely not needed, a second treatment was given.  She was told that the
treatment should also provide immunity from future attacks of ivy poisoning.